All posts may contain affiliate links.
You won’t believe this incredible organizer. Wide-open trays that zip up into triangles then nest together to form the boxy organizer. The designer is an absolute genius!
The Box-It-Up Case consists of four triangular compartments that neatly fold up into a box. Each compartment opens up wide so you can easily see and access your goodies.
The pattern comes in two sizes.
The large one is perfect to stow sewing supplies, make-up, jewelry, and toiletries. It has see-through pockets and an elastic thread holder. It is completely customizable, you can add as many pockets as you wish.
The small version would be great to keep pencils, crayons, rulers, and erasers. Sew one for your kids and send them to school in style with their own personalized case.
You can now stop searching for your supplies, they are now all nicely boxed up in one place!
If you are not a fan of the long zipper loops, then the designer has included a small tutorial on how to use ribbon clamps to shorten the loops.
The designer, Moments By Liz, rates her project as suitable for an intermediate sewer.
When you have finished making the two sizes of Box-It-Up Cases they will measure approximately:-
- Small – 8 ½” wide by 3″ square when closed, and 8 ½” wide by 12″ long when opened.
- Large – 8 ½” wide by 4 ½” square when closed, and 8 ½” wide by 18″ long when opened.
What you will need to make a Box-It-Up Case:-
- 1/3 yard of faux leather exterior fabric,
- One fat quarter of exterior accent fabric (Large),
- 1/2 a yard of lining fabric,
- 7/8 yards of woven medium weight fusible interfacing (SF101 or G700),
- 8″ by 8″ fusible fleece (Large only),
- Two plastic mats or 1/4″ Peltex #70(S80),
- Two craft foam sheets or Peltex #70 for the bag bottom,
- 4″ hook & loop tape,
- Four 16″ #3 zippers,
- Two 1/2″ D-Rings (Small),
- 19″ of 1/2″ webbing (Small),
- 2″ by 8″ piece of clear vinyl,
- 13 1/2″ of 3/8″ wide elastic,
- Four 1″ ribbon clamps (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The pattern is a PDF pattern, that consists of forty pages of step-by-step instructions with color photos and twelve pages of full-size pattern pieces and labels. Cutting from measurements (when possible) is also included. Also included is a second PDF tutorial using ribbon clamps.
If you would like to download this pattern you can click on the blue button below.
Click here for the pattern
And if you would like to see other patterns from this designer, Moments By Liz, you can click on the red button below.
See all the patterns from this designer here
Keep organized with these storage and project bag ideas to sew
Want even more project bags, storage and organizers to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here is a sample selection you might like. Check them all out in our shop.