All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Maghann Handbag digital pattern comes in two sizes, small and largem which means you’ll be able to pick the one that’s perfect for you – or sew them both! The handbag size is ideal to use daily as a medium-size purse, while the large bag is great for the beach or a weekend trip.
The designer describes her Maghann as having a classic style with a modern appeal. We love the combination of straps available with this pattern, which means you can carry this bag in lots of different ways. Mix or match the strapsn and handles or switch up their length to suit you best.
The Maghann Handbag has the following features:-
- It has one large exterior pocket that is perfect for quick access.
- It has two or three open pockets inside for extra organization
- It offers a shoulder strap and an adjustable strap to use to make it a crossbody bag.
- The front hook clasp is functional and keeps your things secure.
When you have finished making the Maghann Handbag it will measure approximately:–
- Large bag = 18½” wide by 11½” tall by 5″ deep.
- Small bag = 11½” wide by 8″ tall by 5″ deep.
What you will need to make the Maghann Handbag:-
- 1-yard of 44″ quilting weight exterior fabric for the large bag (¾ yard for the small bag).
- 1-yard of 44″ quilting weight interior fabric for the large bag (¾ yard for the small bag).
- 3 yards of Pellon SF101 or Pellon 911F for the large bag (2 yards for the small bag).
- Three 1″ rings (d-rings or rectangle).
- Two ¾” d-rings.
- One 1″ strap slide.
- Two 1″ Swivel Clasps.
- Coordinating thread.
- Basic sewing supplies.
- A sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern
More Crossbody Bags to sew
For versatility, you can't beat a crossbody bag. Easy to wear, fun to sew, and a wardrobe essential. Everyone needs a few of these in their sewing pattern collection. Check out a few recent crossbody bag patterns to sew from our store.