Trailblazer Convertible Backpack sewing pattern
This is the Trailblazer Convertible Backpack sewing pattern and we think you’ll love it!
It’s a zippered top backpack that can be carried in a multiple of ways. It can be used as a work tote, diaper bag, travel bag, and a comfortable backpack to keep your hands free while you shop.
This fabulous bag has many wonderful features:-
1. Front flap zipper pocket for your phone.
2. Front slip pocket.
3. Back zipper pocket.
4. Back slip pocket OR Trolley sleeve.
5. Two exterior side pockets (You can add side pockets to the interior if you want).
6. Interior zipper pocket.
7. Two interior slip pockets.
This intermediate level sewing pattern when finished measures approximately 16” wide at the top by 14” high by 5.25” deep.
What you will need to make a Trailblazer Convertible Backpack:-
- 1-yard of quilting weight exterior fabric,
- 1/2 yard of contrasting fabric,
- 1-1/4 yards of quilting weight lining fabric,
- 3 yards of fusible woven interfacing – 45” wide (Pellon SF-101 shapeflex / Wovenfuse),
- 1-1/4 yards of sew-in foam interfacing – 20” wide (Pellon flex foam)
- A 11.25” by 5.25” piece of fusible stiff stabilizer (Pellon Peltex 71f / Decovil 1),
- A 4” by 4.5” piece of Décor bond/Decovil light/Cordura (Connector stabilizer),
- One 20” or longer #4.5 handbag zipper (Main zipper closure),
- One 8” or longer #4.5 handbag zipper (Front flap zipper pocket),
- One 9” or longer #3 all-purpose zipper (Exterior Back zipper pocket),
- One 8” or longer #3 all-purpose zipper (Interior zipper pocket). If you’re using a continuous zipper, cut the zipper 1.5”- 2” longer than required,
- Two 1” Sliders,
- Five 1” D-rings,
- Four 1” Swivel hooks. Back long strap can be used as a shoulder strap. If you want a crossbody strap, you’ll have to make a longer strap (4” by 54”) and you’ll need another pair of swivel hooks,
- Two 14mm Magnetic snaps,
- One zipper end,
- 15 Rivets – size 9mm,
- Six bag feet (optional),
- Basics sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The pdf pattern includes 43 pages of easy step-by-step instructions with color photos to help you through each step. The pattern also includes printable pattern pieces with seam allowances included.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.