All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Juno Sling Purse is a stylish and classy version of the traditional crossbody bag. Juno gives you a purse that is slim, a hands-free design, with lots of pockets so there is a place for everything. The Juno Sling is the perfect excuse to use that ideal piece of statement hardware you have in your stash or have been dying to get. Juno is the ideal purse to dress it up or dress it down, as she pretty much looks perfect in anything.
The Juno Sling Purse has the following features:
- A comfortable sling adjustable strap that makes it easy to carry either over the shoulder or cross-body style
- A unique shape that creates a low profile design, but still roomy enough to hold everything neatly inside
- A flap that allows you to choose a unique closure to set the mood of your bag
- Easy to add leather/vinyl accents that even a beginner can accomplish
- Finished size: 9″ wide by 11″ high and 3″ deep at the base.
What you will need to make the Juno Sling Purse / Crossbody Bag
- 2/3 yard of 44″ wide fabric for the main body of the bag
- 1 yard of 44″ wide lining fabric
- Vinyl / Leather for the contrasting fabric
- 2 yards of Fusible Pellon SF 101 or a woven shaping interfacing
- 2/3 yard of 20″ Pellon FF 77 Fusible Flex Foam
- 9″ by 6″ piece of Fusible Decor Bond – Pellon 809
- 9″ or longer coordinating zipper for the exterior zip pocket
- 8″ or longer coordinating zipper for the interior zip pocket.
- One 2″ wide or smaller Magnetic, Turnlock, or Tongue Lock hardware for the bag closure
- One 3/4″ Slider
- Two3/4″ Rectangle Rings, D-Rings or O-Rings
- Coordinating thread
- Frixion gel pen
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the pattern
These are our most popular purse and handbag sewing patterns
Want even more purses and handbags to sew? Our shop is packed full of hand-picked favorites from talented designers, big and small. Here are a few recent additions you might like. Check them all out in our shop.