The Boronia Bowler Bag pattern
January 30, 2019 | All bag patterns, Cross Body Bags, Purses | No Comments|
All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Boronia Bowler bag is a medium sized bag to be carried as a handbag or crossbody bag thanks to the removable crossbody strap.
The Boronia Bowler Bag has the following features:
- Optional vinyl accents on the bottom of the bag and for handles – or use a hardwearing fabric of your choice
- Double straps
- The double pull zipper allows the bag to open very wide as it comes down all the way on both sides
- On the inside, the bag has accordion style gussets on both sides of the zippered opening so the contents of your bag do not fall out when fully open
- There are 2 slip pockets and 1 zippered pocket on the inside of the bag
- It measures 13″ wide by 10″ high by 5″ deep.
This project is suitable for someone with intermediate sewing skills. You must be comfortable installing zippers and making zippered bags. It will take approximately 4-5 hours to complete this project. Totally worth the effort to get such a great looking and practical handbag.
What you will need to make the Boronia Bowler Bag
- 1/2 yard of quilting weight cotton or home dec fabric
- 1/2 yard of vinyl/faux leather or cork (or substitute fabric if you prefer)
- 1/4 yard of vinyl/faux leather or cork leather for the optional adjustable strap
- 1 yard of cotton fabric or the lining
- 2 1/2 to 3 yards of fusible woven interfacing
- 28″ foam interfacing (20” wide)
- 13″ by 5.25” Peltex
- One 36″ double pull zipper (#5 or #4.5) or use two 18″ zippers instead of the double pull zipper
- One 9″ zipper
- Four 1″ rectangle rings – check out our resources page for our favorite hardware suppliers
- Optional for adjustable strap – Two 1″ swivel clasps and one 1″ rectangle slide
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine.