Seren Dumpling Pouch (3 sizes) sewing pattern
This is the very lovely Seren Dumpling Pouch sewing pattern that comes in three sizes.
With each of these three great sizes, you get a great dumpling shape with the flat bottom and rounded top. Each of the pouches is fully lined with no raw edges and you have a zipper closure.
When you make yourself a Seren Dumpling Pouch it will measure approximately:-
- Small = 3.3″ (8.5 cm) high by 1.9″ (5 cm) wide by 4.5″ (11.5 cm) long.
- Medium = 4.3″ (11 cm) high by 2.7″ (7 cm) wide by 6.7″ (17 cm) long.
- Large = 5.1″ (13 cm) high by 3.4″ (9 cm) wide by 7.8″ (20 cm) long.
The designer, Molko, rates her project as suitable for a beginner – confident beginner sewer. Basic sewing techniques and sewing machine knowledge would be helpful but she will help you along the way with clear instructions and photographs.
What you will need to make a Seren Dumpling Pouch (see the pattern for full details):–
- Exterior fabric. Recommended – Cotton, Cotton-Canvas, Waxed Canvas, Oil Cloth, Quilting Cotton, Upholstery/Curtain Fabric,
- Lining fabric. Recommended – Quilting Cotton, 2oz-4oz PU Coated Nylon Waterproof Fabric,
- Fusible interfacing. Recommended – Non-Woven = Vliseline H250 or Pellon 809. Woven = Pellon SF101, Vliseline G700.
- One #5 zipper. For a beginner sewer, the designer recommends nylon zips as they are easier to work with. She uses using silver/gold tone nylon zips which are easier and cheaper but give the illusion of metal zips,
- Bias binding,
- Leather zip pull (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
This great pattern has easy to follow step-by-step instructions with lots of color photos to guide you along the way. There are full-size, computer drawn patterns with seam allowances included. Both US letter size and A4 paper size printing options are included, and the pattern dimensions are in both imperial and metric. And finally, the designer gives you a detailed breakdown of the materials you need to create this project.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the blue button below.
And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.