Ruffle Purse FREE sewing pattern
This is the Ruffle Purse FREE pdf sewing pattern from the designer Charise Creates.
The Ruffle Purse is a zipper purse that you can use as a clutch or cross body bag. Obviously if you want the cross body version you will need to add your favorite shoulder strap. A clutch strap tutorial is included with the pattern. The clutch strap is scrappy patchwork.
The designer rates her sewing project as suitable for intermediate sewers as you will need to be confident in sewing zippers and curved seams. For the fabrics the designer recommends that you use medium weight quilting cotton, cotton canvas, linen, cotton linen blend fabric, denim.
When you have finished making your own Ruffle Purse it will measure approximately 9¼” wide by 7″ tall.
What’s needed to make a Ruffle Purse:
- Shell fabric – ¼ yard,
- Lining – ¼ yard,
- Prints for ruffles – Four by a ¼ yard OR four 10″ square,
- Print for center of ruffles – Two 6½” by 1½” OR ½ a yard of ½” to 1½” wide lace,
- Medium weight interfacing (Pellon 931TD – 20″ wide) – ½ yard,
- Fusible batting (20″ wide) – ½ yard,
- Light weight interfacing – ⅛ yard,
- One ¾” swivel clasp,
- One 9″ coil zipper,
- Two ½” D rings,
- A zipper pull (optional),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to download the FREE pattern you can click on the purple button below.
Liking this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.