Kinley Pouch Cosmetics Bag sewing pattern
The Kinley Pouch is such a versatile pattern that you will find so many uses for. It comes in three size options within the same pattern, and also has instructions for adding in optional elastic dividers so that you can turn it into an essential oils travel case, or hold pill bottles etc. PLUS instructions for iron-on vinyl so that it’s a practical wipe-clean cosmetic bag. This range of zipper bags to sew really has it all!
This pouch can be used as a toiletries kit, a project bag, a makeup case, and a pencil case, a place to store electronics… its uses are limitless! Those elastic sections would work great to store a pair of ear buds, or a would up charging cable, or a thumb drive. Or medical supplies for those who need to carry their regular medicines, or a first aid kit.
Or skip the optional elastic sections and you have three perfect and really neat zipper bags that come in practical sizes that are just right for whatever you need to store and carry.
Once you have finished making the Kinley Pouch Cosmetics Bag it will measure approximately:
- Small version = 8″ wide by 4″ tall by 2 1/4″ deep at the bottom
- Medium version = 10″ wide by 4 3/4″ tall by 2 1/2″ deep at the bottom
- Large version = 13″ wide by 6 3/4″ tall by 3 1/2″ deep at the bottom.
What you will need to make the Kinley Pouch Cosmetics Bag
- One fat quarter for the main exterior fabric
- One fat quarter for the contrast fabric
- One fat quarter for the interior lining fabric
- 1/8 of a yard of binding trim fabric
- 1/2 yard of fusible interfacing (Pellon Decor Bond 45″ wide)
- One zipper – 9″ long for the small version, 11″ long for the medium version, and 14″ long for the large version
- Thread to match the binding
- Optional – 1″ wide woven elastic – 1-yard small version, 1 1/3 yard medium version, 1 3/4 yard large version
- Optional – 17″ wide clear Iron-On Vinyl – 1/3 yard small version, 1/2 yard medium version, 7/8 yard large version
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine.
If you would like to download the pattern you can click on the light blue button below. And if you would like to see other bag sewing patterns from this designer then you can click on the red button below.
See all the patterns for this designer here