All posts may contain affiliate links.
The Ellie Travel Case comes with a FREE pattern and a FREE tutorial.
This case makes a perfect cosmetics or toiletries bag and doubles as a cute little purse for a night out.
The final size of this bag is 7.5″ square, but because it’s also 4.5″ deep, it can hold a ton of stuff.
What you will need to make the Ellie Travel Case:-
- Two 7 1/2″ by 12″ quilting cotton print for the exterior main panel,
- Two 5″ by 12″ linen or similar for the exterior accent,
- Two 12″ by 12″ quilting cotton print for the bag lining,
- Two 12″ by 12″ fusible interfacing to reinforce the lining,
- Two 12″ by 12″ batting or fusible fleece to reinforce the exterior,
- Two 2 1/2″ by 13″ linen for the handles,
- Two 2 1/2″ by 13″ fusible interfacing to reinforce the handles,
- Two 1 1/2″ by 3 1/2″ linen for zipper tabs,
- One 16″ zipper,
- Coordinating thread,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the FREE pattern & tutorial
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.
We think you'll like these patterns for storage and organizers to sew
We know our readers just love to sew storage and organizer projects so we've got lots of them. We've handpicked some of our favorites to feature in our pattern store. These are some of the most popular that are readers are sewing now!