All posts may contain affiliate links.
We all love a sew-along. Ideal for beginners or those looking to try out new skills or a new style of bag, a sew-along is typically a much expanded set of instructions, over several days or weeks, with in-depth step by step photos and tutorials to hold your hand every step of the way. This pretty drawstring purse has an introduction and then 4 sew-along parts with all the info you need to be successful.
Materials needed for this bag:
- 1/2 yard of focus fabric for the outside panel and the inside pockets
- 1 yard of contrast fabric for the lining, straps, drawstring, and the contrast pieces on the top and bottom of the outside of the bag.
- 2/3 yard of 45 inch wide fusible fleece
- 1 yard of 20 inch wide woven fusible interfacing
- 1 x nine inch zipper to match the lining (or to contrast with it, because that’s nifty looking)
- four rings that will hold a 1 1/4 inch strap
- one magnetic snap
- 8 x 3/8″ inch grommets and tools to insert them
- a gridded bag bottom – plastic canvas works great
- basic sewing stuff: coordinating thread, scissors, pins, hand sewing needle, something to mark with, seam ripper, ruler
In this sew-along you’ll learn:
- how to insert a magnetic snap securely
- how to insert grommets
- how to use rings for your purse straps
- how to insert a bag bottom to give your bag some support, and
- how to insert an internal zipper pocket
For the sew-along instructions:
Go to the sew-along introduction here