All posts may contain affiliate links.
As the designer of this free pattern says – every dog needs a bit of encouragement on a long walk, and this bone-shaped mini carrier bag allows you to bring along a few treats.
To help it stay and keep clean the bag is lined with vinyl. It is also big enough that you can pop in a few poop bags to tidy up after Rover has done his business. Once you have made one all you need to do is to hook it to your belt, your pack, Rover’s collar or lead, and you’re good to go.
The designer Linda Turner Griepentrog worked with Yarnspirations to bring us all this free pattern and tutorial. It’s an easy project to work on and is therefore great for a confident beginner sewer.
This could be a nice gift idea or stocking stuffer to sew for a friend who has a dog, or even make a sew to sell project which is great for using up scraps.
When you have finished making your very own Dog Treat Carrier Zipper Bag it will measure approximately 4 3/4″ by 7″ (12 cm by 18 cm) excluding the loop.
What you will need to make your own Dog Treat Carrier Zipper Bag:
- 1/4 of a yard (22.86 cm) of dog print fabric,
- 1/4 of a yard (22.86 cm) of lightweight clear vinyl for the lining, (or regular fabric if you aren’t worried about making it wipe clean or using it for treats)
- 2/3 of a yard (60.96 cm) of paw-print grosgrain ribbon, 3/8″ (0.9 cm) wide,
- One 1″ (2.54cm) lobster claw swivel hook,
- One 6″ (15.24 cm) polyester zipper,
- Template plastic (optional),
- Dog charm zipper pull (optional),
- Zipper foot,
- Non-stick foot,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Click here to get the pattern
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.