Here’s your chance to use this awesome FREE pattern from this fantastic designer to make a great Messenger Bag in a slightly smaller size: 15″ wide by 10″ high with a 2″ base.
The Compact Messenger Bag has the following features:
- There’s an inset zipper top which keeps the main center compartment secure
- A front zippered pocket
- Standard pockets along the back and in the lining gives lots of excellent options for storage
- The shoulder strap adjusts to fit any height and can even be lengthened to wear the bag crossbody
- There’s a magnetic snap added to the main front pocket, leaving the back pocket open for easier access — but you could certainly add another snap to the back.
This project is a little bit more advanced than many that this designer has produced, however, they have included a substantial number of in-progress photos along with their famous step-by-step directions. And there are also links to more in-depth tutorials on the featured techniques for inset zippers, adjustable straps, and magnetic snaps.
What you will need to make the Compact Messenger Bag With Inset Zipper
- 1 yard of 44″+ wide quilting weight cotton for the main bag exterior and the front of all the straps
- 1¼ yard of 44″+ wide quilting weight cotton for the bag lining, the exterior pocket linings, and the zipper tabs
- 1 yard of 44”+ wide lightweight denim or similar for the exterior side panels, inset zipper trim, the back of all the straps, and the D-ring tabs
- 1½ yards of 20″+ wide lightweight fusible interfacing
- ½ yard of 45”+” wide one-sided fusible fleece
- One 10″+ zipper
- One 14″+ zipper. Note –The two zippers should match.
- Two 1″ swivel hooks
- Two 1″ D-rings
- One 1″ slider
- One ½” magnetic purse snap
- All-purpose sewing thread to match fabric
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the FREE pattern