Having a day at the beach is always a great idea. Well, now you can make yourself this wonderful Beach Tote Bag with this FREE pattern and tutorial.
The bag is a simple tote bag, with one full-width pocket that is divided into 3 sections. If you want more pockets, just repeat the pocket directions for the other side of the bag. The fun rope handles are simply threaded through grommets and knotted. Detailed directions for attaching the grommets have been included but if you want a simple alternative you can use buttonholes instead.
When finished the Beach Tote bag measures approximately 18″ square, with 12″ handles.
What you will need to make the FREE Beach Tote Bag:
- Exterior – 1 yard of Eco Canvas fabric or any type of home decor fabric, canvas or interfaced cotton
- Lining – 1 yard of Eco Canvas fabric or any type of home decor fabric, canvas or interfaced cotton
- Rope – 2 yards of 1/4″ rope
- Coordinating thread
- Grommets – size 7/16″. Or you can use a buttonhole in place of grommets if you choose
- Hammer – to set the grommets
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine.
Click here for the FREE pattern & tutorial