All posts may contain affiliate links.
Here’s a great Triple Zipper Bag where the sewing pattern is FREE. It’s your chance to sew a beautiful clutch or wristlet bag with 3 zippered compartments! Don’t worry, it’s not as difficult as you might think.
This sweet little bag has 3 zippers on the exterior, plus another zipper on a coin pocket inside, so there are plenty of places to store things. It also has a little card pocket.
The designer, Sew Can She, rates her project as suitable for an intermediate level sewer. If you are new to sewing zipper bags, she suggests trying her free Designer Zipper Bag video course first. Again that is so generous and helpful of her. She really wants you to make a bag that you will be happy with and proud to show off.
This free sewing pattern will help you make the best little bag you’ve ever sewn!
When you make yourself a Triple Zipper Bag it will measure approximately 7’’ wide by 5’’ tall by 3’’ deep, not including the strap. The designer put two small D-rings on either side of her bag so you could attach an adjustable crossbody strap. You could use only one D-ring tab and make a wrist strap instead. Or leave both off if you like!
The designer’s blog post has been converted to an optional PDF that’s optimized for printing. The blog post is totally free to read, print, and sew! However, if you want you can pay $2 for the PDF download, but that is totally optional.
For your information, the designer re-used the template for her Pretty Box Pouch when she was making this little bag. It was the perfect size. There is a link to download the free template in her blog post. She says you must make sure to follow the cutting instructions in this post, not the ones on the original template, if you want to make this upgraded 3-zipper bag.
To make this Triple Zipper Bag, you will need:-
- One fat quarter of the main fabric for the exterior and middle compartment lining,
- One fat quarter of coordinating fabric for the lining on the two side pockets,
- One fat quarter of fabric to make bias binding or 3 yards of extra-wide bias binding (2 1/4’’ wide when unfolded),
- 1/8 yard or a fat eighth of fabric for the adjustable strap,
- 1/4 yard 0f medium weight fusible interfacing (such as Pellon SF101),
- Three YKK size 4.5 handbag zippers (12’’ or longer) or approximately 36’’ of Zipper By the Yard (smaller garment zippers will not work with this project),
- One regular-sized zipper at least 4’’ long (for the coin pocket),
- A 13’’ by 13’’ square of foam stabilizer (such as ByAnnie Soft and Stable),
- Two D-rings with a 1/2’’ opening,
- Fabric marker or Frixion pen (that erases with heat),
- Wonder clips,
- Sewing stiletto (very helpful!),
- An optional item for your strap – a tri-glide slide with an opening the size of your desired strap,
- An optional item for your strap – two swivel snap clips that match your desired size strap,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
If you would like to see the designer’s blog post and download the pattern you can click on the purple button below.
Click here for the pattern
Downloading this free pattern? Great! You would make our day if you ‘bought us a coffee’ to help with the site running costs. Thank you.
Want MORE Free sewing patterns?
Want to find more FREE sewing patterns for bags and more? Why not follow the Sew Modern Bags board dedicated to our favorite FREE sewing patterns here. Pin and save your favorite bag sewing patterns to your own boards for later. Don't forget to pin this article too.