The Lomexa is a large everyday handbag, with loads of pockets to keep your valuables organized. This classy pattern features a diagonal front zipper and easy to follow instructions to add the unique O-ring detail. Various options are included. Whichever combination you choose, your Lomexa is sure to become your go-to bag for every occasion.
The standard pattern includes two exterior zip pockets and a slouchy structure. Additional instructions are included for other options including removing the exterior pockets and creating a more structured look. The interior of the bag features four slip pockets and a zipper pocket with twelve card slots. The pattern has the option for lots of hardware including strap end caps, rivets, bag feet, and a crossbody strap. However, if you want to make a simple version, the only essential piece of hardware is the O-rings for those funky feature handles.
The pattern is written for use with vinyl/cork/leather and Decovil Light. But there are additional instructions if you’d like to make an all fabric version with foam stabilizer. The exterior construction is not suitable for directional prints.
Jo from Country Cow Designs shows you the details of the Lomexa Handbag in this video, AND how to sew it step by step!
11″ tall by 12″ wide by 6″ deep.
- 3/4 yard of exterior fabric, cork/vinyl/leather (55″ width) *NOT suitable for directional prints,
- 1/3 yard of feature fabric, cotton, or canvas (44″ width),
- 1 1/3 yard of lining fabric, cotton, or canvas (44″ width),
- 1 yard of medium woven interfacing – SF101/Wovenfuse/G700 (35″ width),
- 1 1/3 yard of medium non-woven interfacing – F220/808 Craft Fuse (35″ width),
- 1/2 yard of Decovil light (36″ width),
- 6″ by 12″ piece of ultra firm stabilizer (Peltex 71F/S520/Decovil Heavy).
- 46″ No.5 zipper tape and three 3 zipper pulls,
- One 10″ No.3 zip,
- Four 1 1/2″ O-rings,
- Four 3/4″ Bag feet,
- Four 3/4″ Strap end caps (handles),
- Twenty-five medium 8mm post rivets,
- One 1″ Strap end cap (crossbody strap),
- Two 1″ D-rings (crossbody strap),
- One 1″ Slider (crossbody strap),
- Two 1″ Swivel hooks (crossbody strap).
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.