The Arena Bag was inspired by needing something to hold your basic essentials PLUS your phone in a bag that is small enough to meet the size requirements of sporting / concert arenas and venues.
It features a front pocket for your phone with customizable strap tab lengths to fit different size phones, internal card pockets, and three strap options (wristlet, lanyard, crossbody).
The bag requires minimal material and is a great scrap buster!
This pattern is suitable for a domestic machine and is beginner-friendly.
6.5″ wide by 4.5″ high.
Video tutorials are also included with this pattern purchase!
Sewing with cork, vinyl or leather?
A separate version of the pattern is available for raw edge and thicker fabrics – the Arena Raw Edge Bag
Material and hardware requirements:
- Fabric outer: fat quarter (or mix and match for accent pieces),
- Fabric lining: fat quarter,
- Strap: varies depending on option selected,
- Interfacing: SF101 woven fusible, fusible fleece (depending on fabric selection),
- Lobster clasp, 0.5″ (1 for wristlet, 1 for lanyard, 2 for crossbody),
- D-ring, 0.5″ (1 for lanyard, 2 for crossbody),
- Adjuster bar, 0.5″ (1 for crossbody),
- Zipper, 7″ length,
- Snap or Velcro for tab closure,
- Rivets, 8mm (optional).
The pattern is easy to follow and features eleven pages with full-color photos to coordinate with the step-by-step instructions.
Please note that this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download it immediately after check out.