Zoella is an intermediate design that YOU can tailor to fit your unique style. This handbag can take you from daytime “business meeting formal” to nighttime “friends night out” in denim. The pattern will take you “to the next level” with the new techniques introduced to you.
The exterior features two pleated pockets with snap closures and two center slip pockets for easy access. The interior features one large slip pocket with a snap closure, one smaller divided slip pocket, and a zippered pocket for more secure items. It has three carrying options: shorter rolled handles to elbow carry, a shoulder strap (length customizable) for shoulder carry or crossbody carry. Braided strap instructions are provided. Assembly is a drop-in lining but can easily be made to “birth”.
Approximately 11 1/2″ wide by 11 1/2″ high (not including rolled handle height).
Video tutorial included:
Don’t think you can do it? Support is provided in the step-by-step written instructions and detailed photos. Each section has video links provided to help you through each step. A full-length video tutorial link is also provided.
The exterior can be made with waterproof canvas, waxed canvas, vinyl, cork, or leather.
This can be made on a domestic sewing machine but please know your machine capabilities when choosing your textiles. The test team made their bags with various machines, both domestic and industrial, and in various textiles. Areas of thickness are discussed in the video tutorials. Some vinyls, cork, and leather would be considered a heavier textile. If using canvas or waxed canvas, additional woven interfacing is needed. If using waterproof canvas, omit the woven interfacing.
- Zipper Foot – Required for rolled handles,
- Exterior fabric: 54” wide by 36” high,
- Lining fabric: 1 Yard 44 Wide (32” wide by 35” high),
- Woven Interfacing (Omit if using WPC): 1 yard (32” wide by 44” high),
- Decovil Light: 27” wide by 3 ¼” high,
- Decovil Heavy: Approximately 3” wide by 8” high,
- Kraft-tex: 8 ½” wide by 6” high,
- Peltex (Bag Bottom): 11” wide by 4” high,
- Foam (optional): 11” wide by 4” high,
- Two 3/4” D Rings,
- Two 1” Swivel clasps,
- #5 Zipper tape – 22”,
- Two #5 Zipper pulls,
- One Zipper end,
- Five Bag feet (Optional),
- One Bag Tag (Optional),
- 27” of 1/4” Rope or similar for Rolled Handles,
- Twenty-three (23) 9mm Rivets **If choosing to use all 9mm rivets, instead of adding the four 12mm rivets, they must be long post,
- Four 12mm long post Rivets **12mm die required,
- Three 15mm Spring snaps **A setting tool or dies required,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Eco-conscious? The pattern design and layout allows you to print only five consecutive pages to save on ink and paper.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.