The Zip-up cardholder is a small, beginner-friendly project. It features two card slot pockets on the front, so you can keep your bank cards or travel card handy. On the back, there is an additional bigger slip pocket where you can keep your shopping receipts, or like me, a spare mask. The main compartment is fully lined and can be accessed by opening the top zipper. It is big enough to store spare change, notes, and house keys.
4″ (10 cm) wide by 6″ (15 cm).
Materials needed (height / width):
- 14″ (35 cm) by 16″ (40 cm) External fabric: waterproof canvas, wax canvas, quilting cotton,
- 14″ (35 cm) by 8″ (20 cm) Lining fabric: quilting cotton, waterproof canvas,
- 20″ (50 cm) / 16″ (40 cm) Lightweight interfacing: Stayflex, SF101, Wovenfuse, G700,
- 3/8″ (1 cm) / 3 1/2″ (9 cm) Decovil light (optional),
- One 6″ (15 cm) #3 zipper.
Please note: You may need an additional amount of fabric with a directional print.
Included is a 14-minute video sewing tutorial showing you how to make this lovely Zip-up Cardholder. Just click on the play button below.
You will receive a PDF pattern and easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions with color photos to help you through each step.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.