The Wayfarer 2.0 is a modified version of the original Wayfarer Sling Backpack with a larger capacity. The exclusive trendy design of this large sling backpack provides a functional yet fashionable look, which enables you to carry your essentials in style. Multifunctional storage compartments help keep your valuables organized.
The Wayfarer 2.0 backpack is designed with several pockets of different sizes to separately store various personal items. Whether it’s in daily life or on an expedition, this Wayfarer backpack is your essential travel companion.
The Wayfarer 2.0 Style 2 is an advanced backpack with a double zippered compartment. Please also check out Wayfarer 2.0 Style 1 which has a single zippered compartment to decide which is best for you.
– Small main zipper compartment.
– Large main zipper compartment.
– Zippered back pocket.
– Interior zipper pockets.
– Miscellaneous interior pockets.
– Two strap options: Convertible and Sling.
– Two methods for assembling the bag: Binding and Birthing.
– Projector/Copy Shop file included.
The main zipper compartments contain interior zipper pockets and storage slots to organize basic everyday essentials. The back pocket can function as a concealed pocket to keep your wallet safe and reachable while traveling.
Advanced. You’ll need basic sewing skills, familiarity with sewing patterns, be able to sew curved seams, install a zipper, and determine interfacing requirements.
10″ wide by 20″ high by 5.25″ deep. (larger than Style 1)
Materials needed to make a Wayfarer 2.0 (Style 2) – Large Unisex Sling Backpack:
- 1 yard of exterior fabric,
- 2 yards of lining fabric,
- 3 yards of fusible medium-weight woven interfacing,,
- ¾ yard of foam interfacing (optional),
- Two 1” D-rings,
- One 1” wide side release buckle,
- One or Two 4” (10 cm) long ¼” wide elastic for bottle pockets,
- One fat quarter contrast fabric for the front panel,
- One 7” (18 cm) long zipper for the bag interior,
- One 8” (20 cm) long zipper for bag interior,
- One 15” (38 cm) long #5 zipper for the small bag compartment,
- One 20” (51 cm) long #5 zipper for the large bag compartment,
- One 10” (25.4 cm) long #5 zipper for the exterior back pocket,
- One fat eighth piece of mesh fabric,
- Sling Strap:
- One 1” swivel clasp,
- One 1” tri-glide slider,
- 1¼ yards of 1” wide nylon webbing/strapping,
- Convertible Strap:
- Two 1” swivel clasps,
- Two 1” tri-glide sliders,
- One 16” (41 cm) long #5 zipper,
- 2 yards of 1” wide nylon webbing/strapping,
- Optional: 4 yards of ⅜” to ½ wide pre-made Bias tape or Fold Over Elastic (FOE) or, three 55” (140 cm) long (or cut WOF) strips of waterproof canvas for the binding method.
Measurements are approximate and don’t account for directional or fussy cutting.
Includes 36 pages of concise step-by-step instructions with color photographs to help you through each step. The pattern also comprises 18 pages of pattern pieces. All pattern pieces include seam allowance.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download it immediately after check out.