The Wayfarer 2.0 is a modified version of the original Wayfarer Sling Backpack with a larger capacity. The exclusive trendy design of this large unisex backpack provides a functional yet fashionable look, which enables you to carry your essentials in style. Multifunctional storage compartments help keep your valuables organized.
The Wayfarer 2.0 backpack is designed with several pockets of different sizes to separately store various personal items. Whether it’s in daily life or on an expedition, this Wayfarer backpack is your essential travel companion.
The Wayfarer 2.0 Style 1 is a simple Unisex Sling Backpack with a single zippered compartment. Please also check out Wayfarer 2.0 Style 2 which has a double zippered compartment to decide which is best for you.
– Zipper pocket on the front flap.
– Large main zipper compartment.
– Zippered back pocket.
– Interior zipper pocket.
– Miscellaneous interior pockets.
– Two strap options: Convertible and Sling.
– Two methods for assembling the bag: Binding and Birthing.
– Projector/Copy Shop file included.
The main zipper compartment contains an interior zipper pocket and storage slots to organize basic everyday essentials and the front flap pocket is perfect for storing quick-access items. The back pocket can function as a concealed pocket to keep your wallet safe and reachable while traveling.
Intermediate. You’ll need basic sewing skills, familiarity with sewing patterns, be able to sew curved seams, install a zipper, and determine interfacing requirements.
10″ wide by 20″ high by 4.50″ deep – (smaller than Style 2)
Materials needed to make a Wayfarer 2.0 (Style 1) – Unisex Sling Backpack:
- 1 yard of exterior fabric,
- 1.5 yards of lining fabric,
- 2.5 yards of fusible medium weight woven interfacing,
- ¾ yard of foam interfacing (optional),
- Two 1″ D-rings,
- One 1″ wide side release buckle,
- One or Two 4″ (10 cm) long ¼” wide elastic for bottle pockets,
- One 16″ (40.6 cm) long #5 zipper for exterior front pocket,
- One 8″ (20 cm) long zipper for the bag interior,
- One 20″ (51 cm) long #5 zipper for the large bag compartment,
- One 10″ (25.4 cm) long #5 zipper for exterior back pocket,
- Sling Strap:
- One 1″ swivel clasp,
- One 1″ tri-glide slider,
- 1¼ yards of 1″ wide nylon webbing/strapping,
- Convertible Strap:
- Two 1″ swivel clasps,
- Two 1″ tri-glide sliders,
- One 16″ (41 cm) long #5 zipper,
- 2 yards of 1″ wide nylon webbing/strapping,
- 2.5 yards of ⅜” to ½” wide pre-made Bias tape or Fold Over Elastic or,
- Two 55″ (140 cm) long (or cut Width Of Fabric) strips of waterproof canvas for the binding method.
Please note that measurements are approximate and don’t account for directional or fussy cutting.
Includes 34 pages of concise step-by-step instructions with color photographs to help you through each step. The pattern also comprises 18 pages of pattern pieces. All pattern pieces include seam allowance.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download it immediately after check out.