The Urban tote is a soft-sided, stylish, yet functional, minimalist tote bag. There are two deep pockets on the front, with the choice of a magnetic snap or a zipper closure. The shoulder straps have an 11” drop allowing plenty of room for the extra bulk of sweaters and coats.
The interior has a vinyl or leather-trimmed zipper pocket, and a slip pocket that is divided into 3 sections for sunglasses, cell phone, and a pen.
This tote is perfect for everyday use, or for travelling with all those extra items. Whatever way you use your tote, you will find it to be the perfect size.
This pattern is designed for those from confident beginner to intermediate sewing abilities.
11″W x 12″ H x 4″D
strap drop: 11″
The instructions for this pattern are written for both vinyl and leather, but also look fantastic in decorator fabrics, cork, and other cottons. If you are looking to advance your skills and investigate sewing with leather, then this is the perfect pattern for you, as you can replace the vinyl straps with leather, and begin your journey into leather sewing.
This pattern has 80 pages that include detailed instructions with more than 200 color photographs, as well as all pattern pieces to make the Urban Tote.
• ¾ yard Exterior Vinyl or 7½ square feet of leather
• ¾ yard lining fabric – 44” wide fabric
• 2 yards fusible medium weight Woven Interfacing for lining pieces
(based on 20” wide)
• Kraftex – 2 pieces 7” x 4”
• Texon/Bontex (bag stiffener) – 1 piece 11” x 4½” (to be trimmed down)
• Foam/Fleece – 1 piece 11”w x 4” (to be trimmed down)
• 18mm magnetic snap (optional magnetic snap closure)
• 14”- #5 metal or nylon zipper (optional zipper closure)
• 9 rivets or Chicago screws
• 1 yard heavyweight sew-in interfacing (for leather strap option)
• Front label – optional
• 7”- #3 nylon zipper (interior zipper pocket)
• Metal zipper end (optional if you are not using vinyl or leather tab for
your zipper closure)
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.