The Unicorn Bag is perfect for kids. With a super cute hair flick that follows down the back of the bag, a magnetic closure, and an inside zipper pocket, it’s sure to delight all children who love unicorns.
It’s a cute bag that can be changed and customized to suit the person you are making it for. From glittery hair to patterned cork it’s really easy to make and looks really cute. This small cross-body bag was designed for younger children.
As well as full written instructions that you can print out and sew along too, there is a full video step-by-step tutorial on the designers’ YouTube channel. You can watch the free video tutorial to see how the Unicorn Bag is made before purchasing or to sew along to! The video is shown below so sit back and press that play button.
As this pattern comes with svgs, it’s perfect for use with a cutting machine to make some super cool effects on your unicorn!
- One 7½” (18 cm) zipper. The designer used a size 5 but a size 3 would be equally fine,
- Black vinyl, felt, or HTV in black for the nostrils and eyelashes,
- Two ½” D-rings,
- Two ½” Swivel Hooks,
- One Magnetic Clasp,
- Six Rivets (use rivet size best for the material you are using – the designer used 8 mm by 8 mm,
- Three or four A4/letter size fine glitter sheets in three or four different colors for the three hair colors and horn. You can also use vinyl, leatherette, or cork also,
- ½ m./½ yard Main fabric (D) vinyl/leatherette or cotton,
- ¼ m./¼ yard lining fabric,
- ½ m./½ yard Woven interfacing,
- ½ m./½ yard Non-woven interfacing,
- ½ m./½ yard Fusible Foam and lightweight interfacing for attaching to the vinyl,
- 2¾” (7 cm) by 1615/16″ (43 cm) Peltex71F,
- One small piece of heavyweight fusible interfacing – i.e. Decovil. You could also use foam if you’d prefer –but it won’t be as flat,
- Thread of your choice.
- Full step-by-step written instructions with photos.
- The PDF patterns can be printed directly on standard A4 or US letter paper.
- Full video tutorial for you to sew along with or if you get stuck on Youtube.
- The sewing patterns have full seam allowance included.
- You will also receive (optional) SVG files for a cutting machine as well as (optional) projector files if you prefer these cutting methods. Regular PDF pattern pieces are also included of course.
Please note that this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download it immediately after check out.