The designer of the Toulouse French Market Tote Bag loves shopping at markets, but having the right sort of bag makes the experience even better. The bag that you choose has to be large enough to take a few purchases and it has to open nice and wide. Deep bags are great but you can lose things in the bottom and things can get a bit squashed as you walk around and add bits and pieces. And the straps cannot be too stringy because after a while they hurt and you cannot think about anything else. This bag is the answer! It is strong enough to take a lot, comfortable to carry and roomy too.
- Extra-wide straps for comfort,
- Inner slip pockets,
- A roomy front zipper pocket,
- A wide and spacious interior.
Perfect for the confident beginner. There are not too many surprises and heaps of help along the way. This is a skill builder pattern which will help to teach you the art of bag making. The Toulouse French Market Tote Bag is a great pattern if you have some basic skills and want to get into bag making.
24” wide by 12 “ high by 5” deep.
- ¾ yard of canvas for the outer,
- 1 yard of lining fabric. The designer used canvas but you could also go with a quilting cotton to compliment your outer,
- 1 yard of foam interfacing
- One fat eighth of fusible interfacing
- One 8” metal zipper for the front pocket to coordinate with your fabric.
- 30” by 5” leather or vegan leather to decorate the handles and the zipper pull.
- A bronze stud closure,
- 3 ¼ yards of webbing 2” wide for the handles.
You will get 12 pages of detailed instructions and 13 colour photos to illustrate the main points of the pattern.
There is a link in the pattern which shows you how to box the corners for professional results.
This is a cut and measure pattern so no need for a printer or worrying about sizing. All you need to get started is a rotary cutter, mat and ruler.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.