[UPDATED – the Tori Tote bag now also includes a matching clutch bag pattern too!]
The Tote Bag Sewing Pattern and Clutch makes a big tote perfect for a day at the beach, vacation, or an “Every Day” bag. Easy tote bag pattern to make even for a beginner sewer due to its simple design. Fully lined bag with an inside zippered pocket, wall and smartphone pockets. Nine total pockets on the inside. This bag is designed with an inside size adjuster with clips that allow you to reduce the bags top width. Left undone and you have a larger tote bag.
Magnetic snap closure and strong handles. The purse bottom has a removable insert that gives a firm base for strength. This can be removed so the bag folds flat when not in use. An easy bag to sew with a seriously professional look. Instructions for outside cord purse tie included.
Makes a great diaper bag with all the pockets!
Finished Tote Bag Details:
– 18″ top width x 12″ height x 6″ depth (12″ bottom width)
– 25″ shoulder straps in length and 1.5″ in width (10″ drop)
– Magnetic snap closure
– Four 6″ x 6″ inside slip pockets
– Four 3″ x 6″ inside slip pockets
– 7″ x 5″ inside zippered pocket
Finished Clutch Details:
– 8.5″ top width x 6″ height
– Top zippered closure
– Hand Strap with swivel hook
● 2/3 yard main fabric 55” W (heavier fabric is best – cotton canvas by “Hudson” used in tutorial)
● 1 yard lining fabric 55”W (cotton muslin used in tutorial)
● 2 ½ yards fusible interfacing (Pellon SF101 [20”wide] used on lining fabrics)
● ½ yard Pellon 987F fusible fleece interfacing or other low loft type
● ¼ yard (or 7”x12” piece) firm stabilizer for bag bottom & snaps (Pellon Peltex 71F used)
This purse pattern and clutch PDF download includes 13 pages of full-color photos, diagrams, and the FULL PATTERN to download and print. Clearly written step-by-step instructions provided.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.