It’s time to get organized with these Tidy Trays.
This set of five trays was designed to fit perfectly in the small Alex drawers (from the Swedish furniture maker). They also fit in the large Alex drawers, but you will need to arrange them differently to fill the larger drawer space.
If you do not own any Alex drawers, no problem. They will look lovely in any drawers you own or as an accent tray on your desk/sewing table.
The best part is, not only are they practical and pretty, but they are also fast & easy to sew.
These can be made using only one fabric, 2 fabrics, or mix and match them; you decide. They would be fun in all different kinds of fabrics. They are a great stash buster!
You can make one of each size, or 2 or 4 of each kind. Mix them up, they fit together. Have fun creating your personal layout. The possibilities are endless!
- Finished Sizes: (width by length by height).
- Tiny – 2 1/2″ by 2 1/4″ by 2″.
- Mini – 2 1/2″ by 5 1/2″ by 2″.
- Skinny – 5″ by 11 1/2″ by 2″.
- Biggie – 10″ by 11 1/2″ by 2″.
Materials needed for a set of all 5 trays:
- These can also be made from scraps of fabrics for a colorful set of drawer trays.
- 1/2 a yard of cotton fabric for the inside of the trays,
- 5/8 of a yard of cotton fabric for the bottom of the trays,
- 20″ by 30″ of 2 mm thick Grayboard/Chipboard/Cardboard.
This is a PDF pattern: 17 pages of step by step instructions with color photos and 22 pages of full-size pattern pieces. Cutting from measurements is also included.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.