The Viewables are a set of five pouches (plus two bonus sizes).
They have so many uses it’s amazing. They are perfect to put your projects in to keep them nice and neat. Or for your special lingerie, for a weekend trip. Maybe you could use them for pencils, medical supplies, kid’s toys, sewing notions.
Whatever you use them for you will love them because you can see what is in each one and the sides expand so you can get more in them.
They are quick and easy to make and are a great stash buster! A perfect project to use up those fat quarters!!
Make them as a matching set or with different fabrics, colorful and fun. The possibilities are endless. Be warned..they are a little addictive!
As a BONUS, the designer has included the cutting measurements for two extra sizes that fit in the DRÖNA boxes (Kallux cupboards by Swedish furniture maker). Even if you do not have the DRÖNA boxes, you might like some bigger Viewable pouches?
- Tiny – 7 ½” wide by 5 ½” high.
- Small – 9″ wide by 7″ high.
- Medium – 10 ½” wide by 8 ½” high.
- Large – 12″ wide by 10″ high.
- X-Large – 13 ½” wide by 11 ½” high.Bonus sizes: (width by height):
- Wide – 12″ by 12 ½”.
- Long – 13 ½” by 14″.
Materials Needed – For all 5 Viewables:
- ⅝ yard of exterior fabric – Cotton, Decorator weight, Cordula, Linen,
- *Not suitable for obvious directional fabrics or very thick fabrics,
- ⅝ yard of lining fabric – Cotton,
- 1 ⅛ yard (16″ wide) or ½ yard (36″ wide) Fusible Web – Heat & Bond, Bond a Web, Vliesofix,
- 1 yard (16″ wide) or ⅓ yard (140″ wide) Clear Vinyl *Organza or a fine netting can be substituted,
- 1 ⅜ yard (50″) #3 Continuous Zipper tape (Pre-packaged zippers – 7″, 9″, 10″, 12″, 14″),
- * Instructions for using #5 Zippers also included,
- Five ½” D-Rings or O-Rings **Optional
This is a PDF pattern made up of 16 pages of step-by-step instructions with tons of color photos and cutting charts. Since all the pieces are square or rectangle, NO pattern pieces are included. You will be cutting the pieces from a cutting chart, using a ruler and rotary cutter.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.