The Smighty Purse is a ‘small but mighty’ intermediate/ confident beginner pattern that is perfect to go from day to night.
It’s a fun make with 4 card slots, a zipper compartment for coins, and 3 slip pocket sections, you can hold everything you need so you can grab it and go.
This is a great gift and sews up quickly.
With no curved zippers, there is also the option to make it simpler by leaving out one of the slip pockets.
It features a turn or twist lock on the front of the main panel, with plenty of space if you wanted to add embroidery or appliqué and you could of course use a magnetic snap or popper instead if you wanted to.
This purse is an intermediate/ confident beginner pattern, with the option to omit one of the slip pockets to make it easier to turn and less bulk on the machine.
As well as full written instructions that you can print out and sew along too, there is a full video step-by-step tutorial that you can view below:
- One fat quarter outer fabric in quilting cotton,
- One fat quarter lining (the designer used 2 different fabrics for the lining),
- Non-woven interfacing,
- Stiff interfacing,
- A twist-lock or turn lock (you can also use a magnetic snap),
- Zip measuring 14.5 cm (5 11/16″) which is zipper number 5 or 4.5,
- Thread in a color to suit (the designer used Gutterman for all structural seams and Miro Prism for topstitching)
- Along with the usual sewing tools, you will also benefit from having: Double-sided quilting tape, pins, clips, fray check, a walking foot, and a universal needle (the designer used an 80/12 size).
The PDF file includes:
- Full step-by-step written instructions with photos.
- The PDF patterns can be printed directly on standard A4 or US letter paper.
- The sewing patterns have full seam allowance included.
- You will also receive SVG files for a cutting machine as well as projector files if you prefer these cutting methods.
- Full video tutorial for you to sew along with or if you get stuck on Youtube.
Please note that this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download it immediately after check out.