Mrs H designed The Ring Sling as her perfect everyday bag. This bag is the ideal size to sit on your hip or under your arm, depending on whether you prefer a cross-body or shoulder bag. And, with four outer pockets as well as a slip pocket and zipped pocket inside the bag, it can carry a surprising amount!
The Ring Sling bag is cleverly constructed to reduce cutting time and maximise stability. Through the off-set seams the bag has stability with very little stabiliser needed. In fact, if you’re using faux leather, you may wish to omit the stabiliser altogether!
This bag sewing pattern works best with non-directional fabrics, due to the off-set seams. The outer seams are in the centre front with the lining seams on each side edge.
This is a fab quick sew for beginner bag makers! You can wear this versatile bag as a shoulder handbag or as a crossbody sling bag, and it’s packed with pockets to carry all your essential items. It has been tested by a wide variety of new bagmakers to ensure it’s clear and easy to follow.
The Ring Sling bag is great for beginner bagmakers and is a great satisfying sew.
12″ wide x 10″ high x 5″ deep (30.5 cm x 25.5 cm x 12.5 cm)
There are four video sew alongs for this pattern from Mrs H. You can watch her series of YouTube videos in the playlist below.
What materials do I need?
- 1 yard (0.9 m) Outer – Non directional is best,
- 1/2 yard (0.5 m) Pocket Contrast – Non directional is best,
- 1 yard (0.9 m) Lining,
- 3 yard (2.75 m) Medium weight interfacing (40″ or 90 cm wide),
- 3/4 yard (0.7 m) Fusible Fleece.
- (1) x 12″ (30.5 cm) #5 zip for the top (If using continuous zip use 16″ (40.6 cm) of tape),
- (1) x 10″ (25.5 cm) #3 zip for the zipped pocket or use longer and cut to size,
- (2) x 1 1/2″ (3.8 cm) Round ‘O’ rings,
- (1) x 1″ (2.5 cm) Triglide buckle,
- (1) x Metal Zip End,
- (6) x 9 mm x 8 mm double cap rivets (Optional).
- Double sided basting tape,
- Zip foot,
- Walking foot,
- Fray Check,
- Pressing Cloth,
- Pinking Shears.
The Ring Sling sewing pattern features easy-to-read comprehensive instructions, pattern pieces, and colour photographs. The downloadable PDF sewing pattern features printable pattern pieces and a text-only section to save on ink and paper costs.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.