The Nabette Bag is a modern take on the traditional handbag. Lots of unique and fun features on this one which is sure to impress your customers and/or friends! This structured bag uses minimal stabiliser, as this can be a time-intensive process as well as an added cost on a project. The bag has been designed to give the structure through carefully placed seams and the piping that wraps around the bag and has been designed to be made with faux leather, vinyl or cork for the outer.
There are eight cleverly designed pockets including a divider pocket, glasses pocket, two zipper pockets, a cup holder and others too! The pieces wrap around the bag, giving it a seamless look on a bag which can be used either in the hands, on the shoulder or using a cross body strap.
13″ (33 cm) wide by 9 7/16″ (24 cm) high by 5 5/16″ (13.5 cm) deep.
As well as full written instructions that you can sew along to, there is a 1-hour 29-minute video step-by-step tutorial on the designer’s YouTube channel that you can watch below.
- 1 meter (39½”) by 1 meter (39½”) main/outer fabric – faux leather or cork.
- 1 meter (39½”) of lining fabric.
- 1 meter (39½”) of medium weight non-woven interfacing.
- 1/4 meter (9 3/4″) of woven interfacing.
- 4mm (3/16″) cording: two 60cm (24″) lengths for the piping, and two 38 cm (15″) lengths for the handles.
- Two 25 mm (1″) D-rings.
- Two 38 mm (1½”) Swivel hooks or 25 mm (1″) swivel hooks if using 25 mm (1″) webbing.
- Ten 8 mm wide with 8 mm post length (5/16″) rivets.
- Offcuts of Decovil Light, or similar (to strengthen the rivets).
- 147.5 cm (58″) by 38 mm (1½”) of webbing for an adjustable strap with slider (see below) or the lengthyou prefer (if not using a slider) to make a non-adjustable strap.
- 16.5 cm (6½”) zip, Size 3 or 5 (or zipper tape and pull) (Outer zipper pocket).
- 17.5 cm (6⅞”) zip, Size 3 or 5 (or zipper tape and pull) (Inside zipper pocket).
- 39 cm (15⅜”) zip, Size 5 (or zipper tape and pull) (Top main zipper).
- Optional: 38 mm (1½”) slider for the crossbody strap or 25 mm (1″) slider if using 25 mm (1″) webbing.
- Optional: Handmade metal plate.
- Optional: Metal zipper end.
- Basic sewing supplies.
- A sewing machine.
The sewing patterns have full seam allowance included as explained in the pattern. The pattern includes:
- Full step by step written instructions with photos in both Letter and A4 PDFs.
- Full sized templates to download and print.
- SVG’s for digital cutting machines.
- Projector Files.
- Full video tutorial for you to sew along with (or if you get stuck) on Youtube.
Please note that this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download it immediately after checkout.