The Munch Box Bag is a large lunch box that is super practical and packs so much in!
Featuring a double zipper that you can open only at the top for a quick grab of something on the move or fully open up to show off all inside. You can also use the open flap as a little placemat!
On the outside there are two elasticated side pockets – great for cups of coffee and water and on the back there is handy zipper pocket for keys/money/extra snacks! Use thermal interfacing to keep food hot or cold and you will find that everyone in the family wants one of these!
This listing is for the instant downloadable pattern templates and booklet. This includes full colour step-by-step instructions, and full sized templates to print, SVG’s and Projector file as well as a free video tutorial.
Swipe through the images to see some of the fantastic tester bags and to get inspiration!
9 1/16″ (23 cm) wide by 7″ (17.8 cm) high by 7″ (17.8 cm) deep.
There’s a video tutorial showing you step by step how to complete this project. Look for the video link in the download.
- ½ meter of main/outer fabric,
- ½ meter of lining fabric (the designer recommends something wipe down like PUL or Water-proof Canvas),
- ½ meter of woven interfacing,
- ½ meter of non-woven interfacing,
- ½ meter of thermal fleece,
- 20cm (7 7/8″) by 40cm (15 3/4″) piece of mesh fabric,
- Two 20cm (7 7/8″) lengths of 25mm fold-over elastic,
- Bias Binding, fold-over elastic or water-proof canvas 2.5cm (1″) strips for binding – to the length of 2.2m (79½”),
- Two 25mm (1″) D rings,
- One double zipper (with two pulls facing), 88 cm (34 5/8″),
- One zipper with one pull, 25cm (9 13/16″),
- Two 25mm (1″), 12cm (4 3/4″) long webbing,
- One 25mm (1″), 37.7cm (14 13/16″) long webbing,
- Two 3.8cm (1½”) lobster clasps (or 1″ depending on the width of webbing),
- One 3.8cm (1½”) webbing or 25mm (1″) depending on preference, x the length you’d like your strap plus 7.6cm (3″). Example: the designer made a strap that has a finished measurement of 99cm (39″) so she cut hers at 106.6cm (42″),
- Optional: two 8mm rivets (for the strap connectors),
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The sewing patterns have full seam allowance included as explained in the pattern. The pattern includes:
- Full step by step written instructions with photos in both Letter and A4 PDFs.
- Full sized templates to download and print.
- SVG’s for digital cutting machines.
- Projector Files.
- Full video tutorial for you to sew along with (or if you get stuck) on Youtube.
Please note that this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download it immediately after checkout.