If you’re looking for an everyday bag that packs a stylish punch, the Laverna Crossover is for you!
Featuring bold ¾” figure 8 strap connectors as the focal point, this timeless classic is roomy enough to hold a full-sized wallet like the designer’s Fold-N-Go wallet. The designer says – don’t forget to grab a Laverna hardware kit, too!
Note this bag is finished with binding.
Confident beginner – intermediate.
9.5″ (24 cm) high by 7.5″ (19 cm) wide by 3″ (7.5 cm) deep.
Here’s a 4-minute introductory video from the designer introducing you to the Laverna Crossover Bag.
And here’s a 41-minute video tutorial from the designer showing you how to make her bag.
What’s needed to make a Laverna Crossover Bag:
- Exterior fabric – 1 yard (100 cm) approximately plus one piece 55″ (140cm) long by 3″ (7.6 cm) wide for the crossbody strap,
- Lining fabric – 1 yard (100 cm) approximately,
- Interfacing – 1-2 yards (100-200 cm) approximately. Lightweight woven fusible interfacing (Sew Woven or Pellon ShapeFlex SF101). Woven interfacing is not required when you are using vinyl/cork/waterproof canvas,
- Stabilizer – ½ yard (50 cm) approximately light weight stabilizer such as Decovil Light,
- Two ¾” (20 mm) figure 8 connectors,,
- 14″ (35.5 cm) #5 zipper tape for main zipper closure + (one-two zipper pulls),
- Two 8½” (22 cm) #5 or #3 zipper tape for back exterior and lining pockets + (two zipper pulls),
- Two ¾” (20 mm) O-Rings or rectangle rings,
- One ¾” (20 mm) Tri-Glide/strap slider,
- One – two ¾” (20 mm) Strap Ends (optional),
- Six Rivets (or Chicago Screws) – 6-7 mm for thinner fabrics or 8-9 mm for thicker fabrics,
- Bag Tag (optional),
- 2 yards (185 cm) approximately by ½” (12.7 mm) wide Double Fold Bias Binding or 1″ (25 mm) wide Fold Over Elastic if not making your own binding from waterproof canvas,
- Rivet set tool or rivet press,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
The pattern includes:
- Step-by-step written instructions with photographs,
- Video sewing tutorials via YouTube channel,
- Immediate pattern download at checkout.
Please note that this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download it immediately after check out.