The Helen Bag sewing pattern has been designed specifically to safely and securely hold an iPad, documents and folders. It has a padded internal pocket to carry and protect your iPad and a roomy interior that will easily hold documents, diary and planner. It has a quilted feature pocket on the front divided into two and another on the back that will take sheets of paper. As well as the interior iPad pocket it has an additional internal pocket that could be divide to hold pens, or a phone and some tissues whatever fits your need.
This bag would be ideal for taking to meetings or lectures. It would suit either sex depending on the fabric choices made.
The ideal fabric for this bag is a firm woven fabric with an even weave such as cotton or cotton canvas.
If you want to give your bag a professional finish you can invest in ‘bag furniture’ e.g. D-rings and trigger clips and brass zips. This bag is a nice one to make, the instructions are in color and break the process down into simple steps.
13 1/2″ wide by 10″ high and 3 1/2″ deep.
Intermediate sewer who can insert a zip, insert piping, and add binding. Full instructions are given.
- Main fabric 1/2 yard of 45″ wide,
- Feature fabric one fat quarter,
- Lining 1/2 yard of 60″ wide,
- Sew in heavy interfacing 1/2 yard of 45″ wide,
- Wadding 2oz weight 1/2 yard of 45″ wide,
- Two trigger clips 1″ wide,
- One 20″ zipper,
- Two metal D-rings 1″ wide,
- Cotton – Matching threads or contrast colors for topstitching as desired,
- Bias binding 1″ – 4 yards,
- Fabric if own made piping, one fat quarter,
- One adjuster buckle 1″ wide,
- Piping cord or piping 4 &1/2 yards.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.