Looking for a quick and easy sewing project that makes a great gift or to sell at a craft show? The Double Vision Case Sewing Pattern is perfect!
Make this dual eyeglass case in just over an hour using minimal fabric and only one magnetic snap or a hidden magnetic snap. It’s a convenient way to carry multiple pairs of glasses, whether they’re readers, sunglasses, or prescription eyewear. Or why not make one to carry a standard size cell phone and your specs together!
6.5″ (16.5 cm) high by 3.25″ (8.2 cm) wide by 1.75″ (4.4 cm) deep.
Materials and hardware needed:
- A piece of exterior fabric measuring approximately 7″ (18 cm) wide by 19″ (49 cm) long,
- A piece of lining fabric measuring approximately 10.5″ (27 cm) wide by 19″ (49 cm) long,
- A piece of lightweight woven fusible interfacing measuring approximately 17.5″ (45 cm) wide by 19″ (49 cm) long. The designer recommends Sew Woven or Pellon ShapeFlex SF101). Please note that Woven interfacing is not required when using vinyl / cork / waterproof canvas,
- A piece of lightweight stabilizer measuring approximately 3″ (8 cm) wide by 18″ (46 cm) long. The designer recommends Decovil Light or Fusible Fleece,
- One Magnetic Snap or one Hidden Magnetic Snap,
- A piece of Double Fold Bias Binding measuring approximately 11.75″ (30 cm) by 0.5″ (13 mm) wide OR 1″ wide (2.5 cm) of Fold Over Elastic OR 1″ wide (25 mm) of waterproof Canvas OR why not make your own binding,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.