The Crafted Crossbody bag is perfect for turning that box of scraps and forgotten fat quarters into something beautiful and useable. The pattern has instructions for 3 different versions so you can really be as creative as you like.
Use a single piece of fabric for the outer, or color block it or mix and match with a different fabric on each half with a seam down the middle, or really go to town with your scraps and create a patchwork quilted version with all the patterns you love.
The bag uses minimal hardware, has a top zipper closure and an inside zipper pocket, plus an adjustable strap, and darts for shape and volume.
The finished bag size is 8½” (21.5 cm) by 9″ (23 cm).
Fabric and interfacings:
– All measurements are width by length.
– Outer fabric = Version 1 – 36 strips of scrap fabric measuring 2″ (5.1 cm) by 8½” (22 cm). Version 2 & 3 – Fat quarter for each version.
– Lining fabric = Fat quarter.
– Accent fabric = 8″ (20 cm).
– Interfacing = 1 ½ yards (1.5 m).
– Fusible fleece = 20″ (50 cm) by 10″ (25 cm) such as H640 or alternative high loft fusible fleece.
– Two ¾” (2 cm) rectangular rings.
– One ¾” (2 cm) strap slider.
– Zipper closure = 8½” (21.5 cm) N05 zipper or zipper tape.
– Inside zipper pocket = 7″ (18 cm) No3 zipper, 9″ (23 cm) if using zipper tape.
– Optional = Rivets and setting tool.
Print at 100% or actual size. Tape the pattern pieces together matching the lettered boxes but not overlapping.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper pattern. Please download immediately after check out.