The casual yet stylish Bucket Tote is a beginner-friendly pattern, with its minimal pieces making it a lovely quick sew!
It has an easy to sew firm oval base, making it a great skillbuilder. Inside, there are two slip pockets, a zip pocket, and a hook for your keys. You don’t need to worry about losing things inside despite the Tote’s generous size! It has lots of room for carrying your belongings.
It’s fun and easy to sew with a classic shape and the large outer panels are great for showing off prints or playing with embellishments.
The adjustable diagonal strap means you can wear your Bucket Tote with the strap halved on your shoulder or long across the body.
The Bucket Tote is classified as a beginner-level bag sewing pattern.
The Bucket Tote bag has finished dimensions of 13″ x 12″ x 5″ (33 cm x 30.5 cm x 12.5 cm).
There is a full video sew along available for this pattern from Mrs H on her YouTube channel. You can watch all five from the video series below.
What materials do I need?
- ⅝ yard (0.5 m) Outer,
- ⅞ yard (0.8 m) Lining,
- 4″ x 54″ (10 cm x 137 cm) Contrast for the strap,
- 6.5″ x 11″ (16.5 cm x 28 cm) Contrast for the base,
- 6″ x 10″ (15 cm x 25.5 cm) Fusible Peltex or Vilene S520 & 6″ x 29″ Fusible Peltex or Vilene S520 for the BS pieces,
- ⅝ yard (0.5 m) Foam stabiliser,
- 1 ⅝ yard (1.5 m) Medium weight interfacing.
- 1 x Magnetic snap,
- 1 x 8″ (20 cm) #3 Dressmaking Zip – If using continuous zipper, cut to 10” (25.5 cm) long,
- 1 x ½” (1.2 cm) Swivel hook,
- 2 x 1″ (2.5 cm) Rectangle rings,
- 1 x Optional Small Rivet.
- Double sided basting tape,
- Zip foot & Walking foot,
- Wonder clips,
- Fray check,
- Pressing cloth,
- Pinking shears,
- Stapler & Staples (Optional).
The Bucket Tote bag sewing pattern features easy-to-read comprehensive instructions, pattern pieces, and colour photographs. The downloadable PDF pattern features printable pattern pieces and a text only section to save on ink and paper costs.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.