Amplector is Latin for hug or embrace and that is exactly what this bag does. This pattern is eight patterns in one. This versatile bag comes in two sizes, each with 4 different strap variations.
Make with the hybrid L strap, as a bum bag, a clutch, or with a regular crossbody strap. The hybrid ‘L’ strap hugs the body in a smooth silhouette that is both flattering and comfortable and moves with you. Why have both straps coming from the top on a crossbody – turns out it’s more comfortable to have just one of the straps coming from the top and one attached at the side to fit the body better.
It’s suitable for domestic machines and makes an ideal man-bag too.
- Instructions included to make the bag with the hybrid L strap, as a bum bag, a clutch, or with a regular crossbody strap.
- Pattern pieces included for small and large versions
- Generous main zipped compartment
- Slim silhouette hugs the body
- Inside pocket for phone
- Outer slip pocket for handy essentials
- No hand stitching or binding
- Make from less than half a yard of fabric
Approximate finished size:
– Large = 11 ¼” (28.5 cm) by 8″ (20 cm).
– Small = 9 ¼” (23 cm) by 6″ (15 cm).
Suitable for most Medium weight fabrics including – canvas, home dec weight cottons, waterproof canvas, cork, vinyl, oilskin, and denim.
Here’s an introduction 6-minute YouTube video showing you the basics of this gorgeous bag.
Delivered by instant download and includes full-size computer-generated pattern pieces for 2 sizes, pages of full-color tutorial style easy to follow instructions with detailed photos, along with a video tutorial to walk you through making this gorgeous bag. There are also relevant sewing tips and a list of material requirements and suggestions. This printer friendly pattern prints on US letter size or A4 paper, and there is a size check feature to verify your printer settings.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.