A large tote bag with two size options. Includes rolled handles, exterior slip pocket, and interior sunglasses & zipper pockets. Large enough for a travel or work bag, while classy and sophisticated with a timeless silhouette.
This easy-to-follow PDF pattern walks you through each step, from printing to finishing your piece. Once completed, you will have your very own Taisteal Tote, great for gifting or small business personal selling too.
A full-length construction video is included and is shown below.
One bag is taller than it is wide, and one is wider than it is tall so you have two sizes and two shapes to choose from.
Tall Taisteal: 16″ tall by 13″ wide (40.5 cm by 33 cm).
Wide Taisteal: 14″ tall by 17″ wide (35.5 cm by 43 cm).
Confident Beginner looking to learn new techniques!
- 18” by 54” (46 cm by 137 cm) Main Fabric – Cork, Vinyl, Leather,
- 18” by 54” (46 cm by 137 cm) Accent Fabric – Cork, Vinyl, Leather,
- 3/4 yard (1/2 meter) Cotton for Lining,
- 3/4 yard (1/2 meter) medium weight interfacing – (decovil light, Pellon 808, Vilene H250),
- #3 or #5 coil zipper – One 8” (20.5 cm) zipper for Tall Tote OR two 9” (23 cm) zips for Wide Tote,
- Eight 7mm Double Cap Rivets OR twelve rivets for Wide Tote,
- Rivet setting tools,
- Fabric hole punch (radial or hand punch),
- Standard tools: seam ripper, chalk marker, rotary cutter/shears, ruler, clips, glue, double stitch tape, etc,
- If adding a crossbody strap you will need two 1” (2.5 cm) D-rings, two 1” (2.5 cm) lobster clasps, and one 1” (2.5 cm) Tri-Slide.
Includes nine pages in total. There are no pattern pieces to print and cut, it is a cut list pattern (meaning you cut out your fabric and materials based on measurements).
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.