The Swell & Mini Swell are casual bags meant to made as a crossbody or a shoulder bag. The Mini Swell is more of a baguette bag and will be perfect for date nights or a quick on-the-go-bag for errands while still being chic. Included are two sizes and two versions of the bottom (oval and boxed bottom): Mini Swell is the smaller size and Swell is larger size.
The original version with the oval bottom is Intermediate. This version is a bit more advanced because of the Side Contrasts and the oval bottom but with a bit of patience the Confident Beginner can make this!
The Boxed Bottom Add-On is a whole separate pattern on its own and is very Beginner-friendly!
UPDATE – this pattern now has an optional upgrade, the Double Zipper Slip Pocket Add-on. Check that out for extra options.
Mini Swell (small) – 12½”W x 5½”H x 5″D
Swell Boxed (large) – 12½”W x 9½”H x 5″D
Sizes given are for the oval bottom version. The boxed bottom version are just slightly different.
Recommended fabrics – pliable canvas, pliable vinyl/faux leather for the Exterior, quilting cotton for the Lining. Vinyl, cork or canvas for the Contrast. I added two layers of woven interfacing to my quilting cotton Mini Swell and Decovil Light to my quilting cotton.
• FULL SIZED Pattern pieces (no cut on fold pieces) – even rectangular pieces are included
• a Cutting List (to use instead of the included rectangular pattern pieces – to save the trees!)
• Labels to keep track of your cut pieces
• colorful and clear diagrams for most steps
• small Notes section on every couple of pages
• a separate A0 copy-shop file that is projector-friendly
• Layers to conveniently print certain multi-sized pieces
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.