This is a beginner-friendly sewing pattern for a clutch bag with a rounded bottom, removable crossbody strap, external strap anchors, and one internal zipper pocket. The pattern includes two sizes, a crossbody size great for every day, and a clutch size that is perfect for a fancy event or fun night out!
This easy-to-follow PDF pattern walks you through each step, from printing to finishing your piece. Once completed, you will have your very own Sirona Bag, great for gifting or small business personal selling.
Please keep in mind that this bag can be made with any type of textile, however, interfacing choices are left up to you, so you can decide how structured you want your bag. **The pattern is written with the strap, zipper overlay, strap anchor, and corner accents as self-healing edge textiles (cork, vinyl, leather, etc).**
Crossbody Size: 13″ (33 cm) by 7″ (18 cm) by 2.5″ (6.5 cm).
Clutch Size: 8.5″ (21.5 cm) by 5″ (12.5 cm) by 2″ (5 cm).
Confident Beginner looking to learn new techniques!
The designer has produced a 1-hour and 20-minute video sewing tutorial that you can watch below by pressing the play button.
Materials needed – (Clutch sizes are in parentheses):
- 18” x 54” (46cm x 137cm) Main Fabric (Fat Quarter for Clutch),
- Fat Quarter for Lining (Fat Quarter for Clutch),
- Half Yard Stabilizer – your choice!
- (1) 12” (30.5cm) #5 Coil Zipper Tape + Pull (9” (23cm) + pull for clutch),
- (1) 8” (20.5cm) #3 or #5 Coil Zipper Tape + Pull,
- (1) Metal Zipper End Cap (1 for Clutch),
- (2) 1 ⁄ 2” (1.3cm) Lobster Clasps (Optional: 1 for Clutch),
- (2) 1 ⁄ 2” (1.3cm) D-Rings (Optional: 1 for Clutch),
- (1) 1 ⁄ 2” (1.3cm) Tri-Slide,
- (6) 7mm Double Cap Rivets (3 for Clutch),
- Quick dry fabric glue (we like FabriTac) OR double-sided tape (DST).
An instant download PDF sewing pattern, twelve pages in total with most pattern pieces provided. Print at home on 8.5″ by 11″ paper.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download it immediately after purchase.