This is a sewing pattern for the Sidestrand Bag, a graceful design with a 1930s feel. With its elegant asymmetrical styling and sophisticated bow, Sidestrand is the perfect size and shape for smart day wear or special occasions. It looks stunning in a huge range of fabrics from tweeds and corduroy for classic daywear to pretty printed fabrics or even silk to elevate it into something very special. This vintage-inspired pattern includes a template for an interior patch pocket, of which you can make one or two.
Height 8” (21 cm), Width at widest point 14” (36 cm), Base width 2″ (5 cm).
- ½ yard (50 cm) of 60” (154 cm) wide, or 2/3 yard (62c m) of 44” (112 cm) wide exterior fabric,
- ½ yard (50 cm) of 44” (112 cm) wide lining fabric,
- ½ yard (50 cm) of 36” (92 cm) wide firm sew-in interfacing,
- ½ yard (50 cm) of 36” (92 cm) wide fusible interfacing,
- A 2” by 4” (5cm x 10cm) piece of fusible web,
- One magnetic snap,
- A piece of plastic canvas for the base,
- Basic sewing supplies,
- A sewing machine.
This PDF has 16 pages—10 pages including the cover, general, cutting out and step-by-step instructions, and 6 pattern sheets with the templates, which you must print and cut out. All of the templates are actual size and all seam allowances are already added. As three of the templates are too big to fit on one sheet, you must cut out and tape these templates together where shown. Instructions for this are clear. If you wish to make a few bags from Charlie’s Aunt sewing patterns or books to sell, please read the rules in the “additional information” section of our designer page.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.