The Shark Backpack is an awesome shark shaped backpack with fun features. It’s perfect for kids and teens (and fun-loving adults) with gusseted sides and pockets for organisation on the move. Let your imagination run wild with the colors and prints, or make it in a classic grey.
This bag features two zipper pockets (one on the inside and one on the outside), a slip pocket inside and pen slots. It has a fully lined construction and a special technique for the straps that you will want to use on lots of projects!
46 cm (18⅛”) high by 36 cm (14 3/16″) wide by 21 cm (8¼”) deep.
As well as full written instructions that you can sew along to, there is a full video step-by-step tutorial on the designer’s YouTube channel here:
- ½ meter (19¾”) of outer fabric.
- ½ meter (19¾”) of lining fabric.
- ¼ meter (9 7/8″) of Fusible Fleece or Fusible Foam.
- 30 cm (11 13/16″) size 5 Zipper (for the mouth).
- 13 cm (5⅛”) size 3 or size 5 (for the inside pocket).
- 21 cm (8¼”) size 5 Zipper (for the outer pocket).
- 180 cm (71″) of 2.5cm (1″) webbing.
- Two 2.5 cm (1″) Rucksack Buckles.
- Optional – Two buttons, snaps, or toy eyes (the designer used 1 cm, ⅜”).
- Optional – Six 8 mm (5/16″) Rivets to attach the straps.
- Optional – Small scraps of Decovil Light.
The sewing patterns have full seam allowance included as explained in the pattern.
The pdf pattern includes the following:-
- Full colour step-by-step written instructions with photos in both Letter and A4 PDFs.
- Full sized templates and booklet to download and print.
- SVG’s for digital cutting machines
- Projector Files
- Full video tutorial for you to sew along with (or if you get stuck)
Please note that this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download it immediately after check out.