Learn how to make your own Japanese Roll-Up Pencil Case with this Easy Beginner Level Sewing Pattern.
Not only it is a fun project to make beautiful gifts, but it’s also a great way to use up fabric scraps or to give a new life to a garment you loved by recycling things that might otherwise be thrown away. Objective Zero Waste.
Last, but not least, it’s fat quarter friendly!
With the same pattern you can create:
– a Small Japanese Roll Pencil Case, to store and bring with you pens, pencils, and small tools;
– a Medium Japanese Roll Pencil Case, to store brushes and markers.
Beginner – Easy.
- Size Small = Height is 18 cm (7.1”), Open width: 19 cm (7.4”), Rolled up width: 6 cm (2.3”).
- Size Medium = Height is 22 cm (8.6”), Open width: 19 cm (7.4”), Rolled up width: 6 cm (2.3”).
- Outer fabric: Cotton 50 cm x 30 cm (19.6” x 11.8”),
- Lining fabric: Cotton a piece of at least 60 cm x 30 cm (19.6” x 27.5”) Interfacing: a piece of 20 cm x 22 cm (7.7” x 8.6”),
- Cord or ribbon for the closure: 2 pieces 32 cm (12.5”) long each Matching thread.
You will download two 11 pages of PDFs:
– Sakura Roll Up Case Sewing Pattern in A4.
– Sakura Roll Up Case Sewing Pattern in US Letter.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.