The Saddleback Pouch is a unique square bottom pouch with curved sides and a saddle-shaped top. The pattern comes in two sizes.
The exterior can be constructed from cork fabric, faux leather, home decor fabrics, or 100% cotton quilting fabric. The interior lining can be made from waterproof canvas or cotton quilting fabric.
Sizing info (approximately):
Small = 8″ wide by 4½” high by 2″ deep.
Large = 10″ wide by 5″ high by 3″ deep.
Besides producing a step by step written tutorial the designer has also produced a YouTube video tutorial which you can watch below:
Materials needed to make the Saddleback Pouch (large and small):
- Exterior for the large pouch – 15″ wide by 18″ high if using cork fabric or faux leather, OR, one fat quarter if using 100% cotton quilting fabric,
- Exterior for the small pouch – 12″ wide by 16″ high if using cork fabric or faux leather, OR, one fat quarter if using 100% cotton quilting fabric,
- 5″ wide by 3″ high of cork fabric or faux leather for the zipper tabs for each size pouch,
- ½ a yard of foam interfacing (20″ wide) for each size pouch,
- Lining – ¼ of a yard if using waterproof canvas, OR, one fat quarter if using 100% cotton quilting fabric for each size pouch,
- ½ a yard of fusible woven interfacing (20″ wide) for each size pouch,
- For the large pouch #5 nylon coil zipper with zipper pull (zipper tape width is 1¼”) – 13″ long cut from continuous zipper tape,
- For the small pouch #5 nylon coil zipper with zipper pull (zipper tape width is 1¼”) – 10″ long cut from continuous zipper tape.
The pattern gives all the instructions along with the pattern pieces to make the pouch in two sizes.
The PDF pattern contains ten pages of step-by-step written instructions with color illustrations on how to construct the pouch. There is also a companion video tutorial for each step in the construction which you can access from within the PDF file.
The pattern also includes two SVG files; one for the large pouch and one for the small pouch. The SVG files were designed to be used with the Cricut Maker and have ONLY been tested on the Cricut Maker.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper pattern. Please download it immediately after check out.