This is a fully illustrated sewing pattern, complete with full-scale templates, for a practical and stylish sling bag – our version of a popular unisex design currently all the rage in designer stores. It’s perfect for customizing to create your own version – instructions are given for adapting the front closure to either a simple snap fastener or hook and ring, as you prefer. The design of the Retro Style Sling Bag is particularly versatile – the bag can be worn crossbody (great for cyclists!) across the chest or back, or over the shoulder for a more relaxed look. And if you like pockets, this is the bag for you! Three external, including two with zippers, plus one internal slip pocket to hold your tablet or notebook inside the bag.
Please note that the strap can be attached to the left or right side of the bag, which gives you the option to wear it over either shoulder – perfect for left and right-handers alike!
Really practical and on-trend, this stylish sling bag has lots of great features that make it the perfect gift for family and friends-
• Classic ‘retro’ boxy shape with a roomy interior – large enough to carry all essentials – one of the photos gives you an idea of what you can pack inside!
• Great for day trips, shopping, or cycling – hands-free and secure,
• Easy access slip pocket to the front with a snap fastener or hook closure, plus one small zipper pocket,
• Concealed zipper pocket at back with easy access: perfect for securing valuables,
• Inner slip pocket for keeping things tidy inside,
• Adjustable strap with a padded section for added comfort,
• D Ring and loop allows you to hang your bag when not in use,
• Fantastic unisex style – the perfect partner gift!
The finished product is beautiful quality – fully lined with internal bound seams that give structure and strength – made using professional bagmaking techniques throughout.
7″ long by 14″ high by 3″ deep. The adjustable strap length is 34″ – 52″.
Intermediate – Experience in bag-making techniques such as seam binding and sewing multiple layers of fabric is useful, but not essential as instructions are given in the pattern.
Here’s Jess from OklaRoots showing you how to make the awesome Retro Style Sling Bag.
– ¾ yard of exterior fabric,
– 1 yard of lining fabric,
– 1½ yards/ 1¼ yards of 20″ wide/ 36″ wide interfacing,
– ¾ yard of interlining (Fusible Fleece or canvas),
– A complete list of all hardware and sundries required is included in the pattern.
You will receive twenty-five pages of clear, easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions and color photos to make this bag, together with a set of full-scale computer-drawn templates – simply print at home, cut out, and assemble the templates yourself. An A0 size copy shop pattern is also included.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.