The Radley Clutch Bag is the ideal beginner sewing pattern. Just one pattern piece (plus a pocket), just two pieces of fabric. Easy to cut out and easy to sew. Yet easy doesn’t mean you won’t end up with a pretty and practical bag. In fact, two bags because the Radley Clutch Bag sewing pattern has two sizes. I think both are perfect, not too big and not too small.
This lightweight and soft simple clutch bag is an evening classic with its curved asymmetrical flap design and magnetic snap closures. Sew one in a pretty print for a more casual look, a classic solid color like black or navy for more understated eletgance, or use a fancy fabric like embroidered silk and you can take this bag everywhere and anywhere. Quilting is optional but cute!
This beginner-friendly and easy to sew clutch bag set is Fat Quarter friendly, a quick project, very light on materials, and no zippers.
Use it as a simple clutch bag for an evening out. Even the smaller size is big enough to hold your phone, some cards or cash, and a lipstick and keys for date night. Or use it to keep things safe and organized inside a larger purse.
Features of the Radley Clutch Bag Sewing Pattern
- One main compartment and one interior slip pocket
- Curved asymmetrical flap – can be reversed to either direction
- Closes with a pair of magnetic snaps to keep things safe inside
- Use a snap fastener, tuck lock, twist lock or Velcro if you prefer
- 2 sizes in the same pattern
- Both sizes are big enough for your phone and evening essentials
- Quick and easy to sew
- Looks great with quilting (optional)
- Just one pattern piece plus a pocket
- Measurements in Inches and Centimetres
Small – 8 inches (20cm) wide by 4.5 inches (12cm) tall approx
Large – 9.5 inches (24cm) wide by 5.5 inches (14cm) tall approx
This is a beginner level sewing pattern. If you can sew a straight line with a sewing machine, with some careful sewing you can get a good result with this easy clutch bag sewing pattern. Skills you will learn – sewing a curve, installing a magnetic snap.
Outer – One Fat Quarter
Lining – One Fat Quarter
- Woven fusible interfacing (such as ShapeFlex SF101) – none for the small, 1/3rd yard for the large
- Fusible Fleece
- Pair of magnetic snaps
- Matching thread
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.