This Toiletry Bag is a fun and quick sew! Great for those new to working with vinyl as only part of the bag is vinyl. This pattern is designed to be used with vinyl or leather but could work with cork fabric too, or regular cotton fabrics. A nice wide top and over-hanging zipper tape makes for a large opening, making it easier to find what’s inside.
The pattern comes in one standard size, but the pattern pieces are straightforward so it should be easy for you to adapt it to sew this handy bag in any size you like.
Video tutorial available:
Prefer to watch rather than read and decipher written instructions? Lauren includes this full video on how to sew the Peek-a-boo beauty bag.
Beginner and up. Sewing time – 30 minutes to 1 hour on average
14.5” Wide, 7” Tall, 4.5” Deep
- 1/4 Yard Exterior fabric (Canvas or Quilting Cotton)
- 1/8 Yard Contrasting Fabric (Marine Vinyl, cork or leather)
- 1/3 Yard Lining Fabric (Quilting Cotton or Oil Cloth)
- 2/3 Yard SF101 (woven interfacing)
- 1/4 Yard of Pellon 809 Fusible Interfacing (808 will also work)
- 1 – 14” or longer Handbag Zipper (All-Purpose will also work)
- Coordinating Thread
- *Optional* Fusible or Sew-In Fleece (to give the bag more structure)
- *Optional* Heat N Bond Fusible Vinyl (to make the lining water resistant, washable)
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper pattern. Please download immediately after check out.