A petite but roomy crossbody bag that converts to a clutch. Features four different customization options, one main open pouch and one back zipper pocket. This is a great beginner bag!
This bag pattern doesn’t require a lot of hardware and is great for those who are dipping their toes into zipper prep. It has multiple options for customization (the flat lay designs lends itself perfectly to applique work), making this mini crossbody a versatile and fun pattern.
The outside of this pattern is designed for use with cork, vinyl, thin leather, or kraftex, however with some additional interfacing and imagination, it can easily be converted to use all cotton throughout.
6” (15.25 cm) tall by 9” (22.75 cm) wide with a 2” (5cm) base.
- Fat Quarter of Exterior Main Textile – cork, vinyl, leather, etc,
- Fat Quarter of Lining Fabric – Cotton,
- Fat Quarter medium weight interfacing (decovil light, pellon 808, Vilene H250),
- One 10” (25.5cm) zipper – #3 or #5 coil zipper or zipper by the yard + zipper pull,
- One 8” (20.5cm) zipper – #3 or #5 coil zipper or zipper by the yard + zipper pull,
- Two .5” (13mm) d-rings,
- Two .5” (13mm) lobster clasps,
- Two 7mm Double Cap Rivets,
- Rivet setting tools,
- Fabric hole punch (radial or hand punch),
- Clips (Wonder Clips, alligator clips, etc.),
- Optional – one .5” (13mm) strap adjuster/tri-slide,
- Quick-dry fabric glue or Double Sided Tape.
An instant download PDF sewing pattern, 12 pages in total, including 8 pattern pieces. Print at home on 8.5″ by 11″ paper. This PDF includes full step-by-step instructions as well as measurements in both metric and imperial.
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.