She’s the mother of all bags, the Motherload tote! Like you, this mom can go from daycare to dance class, and the beach to the ballpark without skipping a beat or leaving anything behind!
Here are her features:
-Optional extended handles can carry a yoga mat, beach towel or picnic blanket below the bag and tightened up in d-rings when not in use.
– An exterior accessory d-ring offers a convenient place to hang keys, sunglasses, gym membership card, or just for a bit of bling.
-Very large exterior zipped pocket
– 2 roomy, separate interior compartments that are easily customized to your needs. For example, if you carry wet swimsuits, stitch one up in laminated fabric.
– Between the interior compartments are a pleated, zipped pocket and a water bottle sling – mom’s got to stay hydrated!
– An optional luggage strap will keep your Motherload Tote firmly attached to the handle of pull-style luggage
A roomy – 21″ x 13″ x 5 1/2″ (53 x 33 x 14 cm)
-23 pages (12 pages of instructions, 10 pages of pattern sheets**, 2 pages of cutting labels)
-a thoroughly tested design given the thumbs up by my amazing test team
– links to online tutorials for the trickier bits
– metric and imperial measurements
-quality line drawings and concise, detailed instructions
**rectangle-shaped pattern pieces are measured out based on dimensions
Materials needed: (abbreviated, see the pattern for full requirements)
Main: 1 1/8 yards for exterior. Suggested: light to medium weight home decor or quilt weight cotton
Contrast: 1 1/2 yards for handles and lining. Suggested: light to medium weight home decor or quilt weight cotton
Fusible Fleece: 5/8 yard (45″ wide)
Medium-Weight Interfacing: 3 1/2 yards (20″ wide)
1 – All-purpose or heavy weight zipper – 22″(56cm) or longer for top closure
1- All-purpose zipper 8″(20cm) or longer for interior pocket
1 – All purpose zipper 18″(46cm) or longer for exterior pocket
D-rings or rectangles – to fit 1″ (2.5cm) wide handles. 9 – for extended handle design or 1- for unextended handle design
5 1/2 x 14 1/2″(14x37cm) -piece of plastic canvas for bag bottom (optional)
Option: Use uncovered nylon webbing instead of fabric handles, buy 4 1/4 yards – 1″(2.5cm) wide webbing
Option: Make a luggage strap to secure your bag to the handle of pull-style luggage (for extended handles only) – purchase 2 swivel hooks-to fit 1″(2.5cm) wide strap
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.