Introducing the Moby 2.0 Slouchy Hobo Bag! All the gorgeous features of the original grommet version of the Moby without the hassle of installing grommets! This generously sized hobo bag is perfect for the SPRING! It would make a fabulous bag to take to the beach or the farmers market!
It can be made from various fabric mediums such as quilting cotton, leather, vinyl and cork fabric. The pattern features a split lining that has a compartment on both sides with a zippered pocket in the center and soft pretty pleats. Add the optional crossbody strap and it makes the perfect day bag out on the town!
This pattern is for the Advanced Beginner.
17″W x 12 1/2″H x 6″D
For the exterior I recommend using fabric that is pliable and pleats easily.
Exterior Fabric: 1 1/4 yards
Optional Contrast (for Lining Top, Bag Base and Crossbody Strap): 1/3 yard
Lining Fabric: 1 yard
Contrast Lining Fabric: Fat Quarter or 1/4 yard
Woven Interfacing (requirements based on 20” wide – adjust accordingly): 3 1/2 yards
Stabilizer: 1/3 yard Pellon Peltex 71F or equivalent
• 4 – 1” O-rings OR 4 – 1″ Edge Connectors
• 2 – #5 11” zippers
• 1 – #5 20″ zipper
• 10 to 20 – rivets for handles and bag (thickness determined by your materials)
• 1 – 1″ slider for optional crossbody strap
• 2 – 1″ swivel clips for optional crossbody strap
• 2 – 1″ D-rings for optional crossbody strap
• 1 – 3/8” zipper (strap end) or follow directions to sew one
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern. Please download immediately after check out.