This pattern includes gorgeous front pleating detail in a cute mini size clutch bag, with the option to add a useful wrist strap that you can pop in or out -converting the clutch into a wristlet as you please.
It’s closed with a sunken/ hidden zip construction for a clean, professional-looking finish. The clutch is fully lined & has an internal pocket for extra practicality.
This design would suit medium to heavyweight satins incl. shantung, brocades, jacquards…or lighter weight fabrics with the addition of some fusible interfacing to add body. Not so suitable for fabrics which crease heavily, such as pure linens. A fantastic way to use vintage or reclaimed fabrics!
The finished clutch will measure approx. 19cm wide x 13 cm tall (71/2″ x 5″) with a 5cm (2″) wide base at the widest part -a cute but practical shape for evening or weddings
- Fabric for the clutch exterior: at least approx. a 35 x 60cm(14” x 24”) piece. If buying off the roll you will need a 35cm (14“) length.
- Fabric for lining: at least approx. 65 x 20cm (25 1/2” x 8”). If buying off the roll you will need a 20cm (8”) length.
- Mid-weight fusible woven interfacing: Required for Pocket, facings & optional strap. In addition, all but the very stiffest fabrics will benefit from fusing interfacing to the entire front & back panels to add body.
- Non-Fusible Stabilizer: For a firm/ boxy clutch use a non-fusible Heavy-weight interfacing.
- Zip: Closed end zip, minimum 25cm/10” length (longer is fine as the excess can be trimmed), 6mm (3/16th“) width teeth. The zip can be nylon or metal but it’s important that the teeth are not narrower than this.
- Hemming Tape: 1.5 -2.5cm (5/8” -1”) width fusible tape.
Measurements throughout are quoted in both metric & inches
There are 2 PDF files to download:
-1 INSTRUCTIONS file: 7 pages of clear step-by-step instructions with photographs and drawings to follow.
-1 PATTERN file with accurate, computer drawn patterns to print out on your home printer
Please note this is a digital download PDF file, not a paper sewing pattern.